Sunday, June 24, 2012

Babies! Babies!

Daniel’s wife and baby arrived this week.  Kiandra is the baby’s name.  She is pretty good, sleeps a lot, eats a lot, and is a little fussy, but not screaming crying or anything.  I wear ear plugs at night and I don’t hear anything, but Daniel says she makes a lot of little noises at night and keeps him up.  I crocheted her a soft little girl hat and she likes and needs for these chilly evenings we have been having.  A new pattern and everything, I am getting pretty good at this crochet business.  Wonder what I will whip up this week?  Tomek is back as well, so we are one big happy family again.  Tomek will only be here for a bit though, as he goes on leave in the beginning of July.  My big boss is here for the weekend for some meetings with the government too.  It’s a full house.  Daniel’s wife brought the new Modern Family and Game of Thrones series so that will keep us busy for a while.  My boss also brought me some granola from Bali.  It’s the little pleasures that matter out here!  Just found out today one of our boats got hit by a tanker and caused major damage, so we are down one boat to transfer shells.  That will delay the operations in Lembata and we might do the ops in Alor earlier then.  Oh it’s all up in the air as usual!  Sugi is on the way to Lembata now, but will just check the shells and then return back to Alor most likely.  I’m feeling stressed again as its nearing the end of the month and the stocktake is due and my end of the month report is due this week.  Ugh!  So I will be busy on the computer this week.  I have been stepping up and being a member of our one man dive team too.  Last week I did 4 dives and this next week another 2.  We only have one local diver now and Daniel or I when we can help out.  The plan next week is to move some oysters around and consolidate them on the lines.  A bit of a mission.  Then I will be preparing for operations at the end of the week. 
I met with the electrician’s assistant this past week to help him practice his English and he helped me with my bahasa.  Went pretty well really.  I was in a good mood afterwards like he made some things clearer for me and fixed the way I order the words around.  So it was helpful.  We will meet on Mondays after work to do some practice.  I am not making a big lesson or anything, I will just study from this course book I found online and he can practice his English from that.  It went well with the kids this Sunday.  It’s good to have Lita back in the game, she is really good with them.  We did some review of the clothes lesson last week, went over our recycling program here, and then talked about parts of the body.  I thought I was going to teach them that song…head, shoulders, knees, toes, knees, toes…. But they already know the song in Indonesian!  So that’s good we did it in both Indo and English.  Next week I will make up a game of twister for them from some tarps and we can practice our body parts, left/right, and colors.  They should like that.  Lita, her baby, the hatchery manager, her baby, and I all went on a walk this Sunday morning in the village to go see the office girl and her newborn baby.  Oh babies!  Fun to be with the girls and get out and go for a walk.  When we showed up at Mila’s house, the girl from the office, she was so excited to see us and have some company.  She has been pent up at the house now for a month and 2 more months to go before she comes back to work.  Oh and with all these babies, I am thinking I am not ready for a baby just yet.  It’s really 24/7, not sure I’m ready.  My boyfriend will be glad to hear that!  Let’s just get married first and think about babies later!  lol  My friends, Justin and Roric, from the states are in Bali this week and I would love to take off and visit, but its kind of a bad time, I can’t just up and take time off right now.  I need to be here for the operations and moving these oysters.  I wish I could go and explore Bali with them though!  Frustrating!  Almost finished with this book I’m reading, and I am not loving it, just want to finish it.  I want to get on with reading the next Hunger Games book!  That’s all from me!  The weeks are going by pretty fast.  I look forward to Sundays my day to relax and its usually just a day or two away.                
Daniel's wife, Lita on left. Hatchery manager, Mulia on right

Kiandra (Daniel's baby) on left, and office manager's baby, Kayla on right

At Mila's house. Mila on right and Mulia on left.  Everyone with their babies! Mila also has the 3 yr old boy in the striped shirt. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your blog updates! We all really enjoy reading about your adventures on the "other side of the world". xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya! So I am wondering how cold the 'chilly evenings" are? How cold does it get at nights? Looking forward to showing your Mom around Calgary!! Stampede should be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys! Oh we're talking only about 75 deg at night! But thats cold for me these days, my blood is pretty thin!

      Delete