Saturday, January 28, 2012

First real week of work

































































I think the amoeba meds are working, I don't have stomach pain anymore. But the meds really make me feel nauseous and not wanting to eat anything. But I am finished with them at lunch today! On a side note...I started to have really bad muscle cramping and pain in my right calf one morning and it hasn't stopped for 5 days. I was worried it was from these antibiotics so I called a doc in Jakarta from my health insurance and he was worried it was a bloodclot and wants me to get an ultrasound of my foot. But ya, I really don't think I have a blood clot. I may still go get that ultrasound of my leg on Tuesday here at the village hospital, but I think its slowly getting better day by day. I have been looking it up online and I think its just a muscle strain. I think I just pulled something when I slipped when it was raining or something. No worries though.


Been busy at work preparing reports at work. Getting my head around this next seeding operation at the end of February. Really thankful that Daniel is here to help with the language, as Tomek and I are in the same boat learning the language together. We work 7-4 every day and Friday 7-12, and off on Sundays. Evan and Daniel's wife are here visiting. Evan is here for a hatchery spawn and Lita will be here until end of Feb visiting Daniel. We have been having several staff meetings with different local staff and have changed work hours and addressing problems etc, so its been a lot on the local staff we think. We had a party with them last night to bring their spirits up. Fun time. Huge feast of bbq chicken and fish (small mackerels and a big jack), veggies, rice, and some super sweet fruit punch they made. And dancing afterwards. There was this really old guy, prob in late 80s and he was getting down to every song! We are talking like dance dance clubbing music! So funny. All the staff brought their little kids and the kids were trying to dance too. The expats got out there for a bit and danced with them too. Dancing in two lines across from each other, pretty funny. Tomek was loving it though! He towers over these people, he is about 7 feet tall, and they are all my size and smaller. lol! He was really dancing it up. We left and the locals kept the party going. We all watched a slow depressing movie, Margin Call, about the financial crisis that I just wasn't into that night.

Today I got to sleep in! Yes! So great! I read my book in bed to get me back to sleep. Daniel's wife does CSR (local community relations, environmental concerns, etc.) for the company, and she has been taking some great pics for me. She is from Java in Indonesia so she is more of a local and can take pics of the locals and things for me, with me snapping photos of them as a tourist. So its been great. This morning she had invited all the local village kids over and we played games with about 15 kids on our porch. They were loving it. She had little alphabet puzzles and picture puzzles, a few board games, and some little teddy bears. Tomek was saying we should ask our friends for used kid clothes for them when we go home each time. They are really just wearing dirty old scraps of clothes that are too big or too small for them. I tried to teach them red light green light, but they didn't really get it. Duck duck goose next time! It was fun to play with them though and take some great pics. Lita (Daniel's wife, 8 months preggo) is really good with kids. I am just relaxing for the rest of the day. Daniel went for a dive with the local divers today, but everyone else is just chilling out. So its been going well here! Pretty full on and intense during the week, but nice to have Sundays to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment